- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Baker’s Corner All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 18 SimplyNature Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs
- 1-2 cups Appleton Farms Spiral Sliced Half Ham, diced
- 1 beaten SimplyNature Organic Cage Free Brown Egg (egg wash)
- chopped fresh chives, salt, and pepper for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Make the Cheese Sauce: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in the flour and whisk to combine. Pour in the milk, little by little, whisking after each addition. Bring to a simmer, whisking until the mixture thickens. Take the mixture off the heat and stir in the cheese. Season with salt. Set aside.
- For the Brunch Cups: Use a rolling pin to roll out the puff pastry sheets until thin. Cut the pastry sheets into 9 equal squares. Line each well of a muffin tin with one puff pastry square, pressing it firmly to the bottom and sides. The edges should come just over the top of the muffin tin. Fill each cup with a spoonful of cheese sauce. Then, crack one egg into each cup and sprinkle diced ham on the top of each egg. Brush the exposed portions of puff pastry with egg wash.
- Bake: Bake for 10-15 minutes until the eggs are set (see notes). Sprinkle with chives, salt, and pepper. Serve warm.
♥♥♥ Depending on your oven, 10-15 minutes should yield you a runny yolk, whereas anything after 15 minutes will get more of a medium to hard yolk. My oven runs hot, and for me, 12 minutes wasn’t quite enough to cook the whites on top, but 17 minutes gave me a medium yolk, so ideally something in between would be best if you want cooked whites with a very runny yolk.