Spicy Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- half an onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (add about 1 teaspoon salt if it’s unsalted)
Pepperjack Cheese Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces shredded Pepperjack cheese
Crunchwrap Extras (customize to your heart’s desire):
- large flour “burrito” tortillas
- something crunchy: tostadas work really well, but tortilla chips or, dare I say, Doritos (!!) would work, too
- lettuce, tomato, cilantro
- sour cream
- Spicy Ground Beef: Heat the oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion, garlic, and beef. Cook / break apart until the beef is browned all the way through. Add taco seasoning and salt.
- Queso: Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Let the flour cook for a minute or two, then slowly add in the milk, whisking after each addition. When the sauce is smooth, remove from heat. Stir in the cheese. Season to taste.
- Crunch Wrap Time: Lay a large tortilla on a flat surface. Layer: beef, queso, crunchy stuff, sour cream, salsa / hot sauce, tomato, lettuce, cilantro. Fold the edges of the tortilla in. Place in a hot oiled skillet. Cook for a few minutes on each side until the exterior is firm, crunchy, and golden brown. Cut and serve! I like a little mashed avocado and hot sauce on top.